About me

Monday, May 15, 2017

Graduation Speech

I remember vividly, the day I first walked through the doors of Hynes. I was greeted by my kindergarten teacher Ms. Ng. I remember having nap time everyday after recess and Arwin never waking up.

Hynes flew by in a blink of an eye, through first, second, third, and fourth grade. Each year making a different group of friends. The best thing about Hynes was the after school program. I have so many memories with my friends and counselors who made the experience a blast.

I then started middle school. I had Ms. Moss who was an outstanding teacher because I didn't just see her as my 5th grade school teacher. Sixth and seventh grade passed by and I had the best of friends who made the days better. Then 8th grade came. I had adults during these time of years who weren't my teachers who I want to say thank you to. 

I want to say thank you to Mrs. Featherstone who I felt like I was able to talk to when I felt like things would never be the same again. She taught me that sometimes you can't handle things all by yourself and that you don't always have to be the strong person who doesn't care and lets nothing faze him what was going on out of school. 

I also want to thank Ms. Boyle for being the best rainbows leader I ever had. She was almost like a friend to me and not really a "teacher." I wouldn't have to keep anything behind doors because I could tell her anything. I could go on and on and we would laugh or she would tell me how to approach the situation. She understood me and really got to know me as who I really am and I want to say thank you. Also to my group members for listening to my life issues and stories. 

And then 8th grade began. My schedule was changed on the first day of school because I would then be transferring to a new class. I was excited but sad at the same time. I was excited because I was advancing in skill levels but I wouldn't be advancing with my friends which was a bummer. 

There were days where I was bored because I talked to no one but soon I got to know the class as a squad. I had to a custom to a new kind of group that was different than what I was used to. 

I am surprised I am saying this but I want to say thank you to Mackenna for making the class fun for me and making me laugh even though she doesn't say were friends but deep down we always make each other laugh as "frenemies." 

Finally I want to say thank you to my teachers who believed in me and pushed me further and further to accomplishing my goals in becoming smarter not just academically but also as a person.




3 comments:

  1. This is a very nice and impactful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on this special milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the shout out, Jonny! :) You will always have a special place in my heart...it seems like yesterday that we were in 2nd grade together. Please keep in touch with us~I can't wait to hear about all of your amazing accomplishments in high school! Always remember to follow your dreams! <3

    ReplyDelete