About me

Sunday, April 23, 2017

It's Complicated

          "It's complicated" is all I can say when people ask me how it works with my parents being divorced. A lot of people didn't really know my parents were separated when I was in first grade. I was living with my mom in Niles for a while at that time. 
          My parents then got back together about a year later. My parents were then having issues again and so my mom moved out for good to Chicago before 5th grade started. 
          During the time my parents were getting a divorce, my parents got share custody of me. For those who don't know what share custody is, it is when you are with a parent for half of the week and the other half of the week you are with your other parent.
          Since then I have been with my dad Mondays and Tuesdays, with my mom Wednesdays and Thursdays, and every other Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, they switch on and off. Then holidays are always confusing for me as well.
          Many don't really know what my situation is like, so when they ask, I say "it's complicated" because they wouldn't really understand what it is like to be moving back and forth and packing bags back and forth. It honestly sucks but there is really nothing a kid could do about it. So all I can say is, "it's complicated."

1 comment: